Friday, May 22, 2020

366. Shawanda Marie, Part 2

366. We finish our conversation with Shawanda Marie, who is a cooking storyteller. "I was born into a family of very creative and talented folks. Some are visual artists, others amazing cooks, educators and then there are the musicians. All artists in their own right. After years of self discovery, I learned that I lean into multiple expressions of creativity and enjoy them equally. I spent so much time wrangling over where I'd place my focus, but I couldn't decide. Actually I refused to decide because I desire to explore them all, bringing their flavors together like a really good pot of gumbo. So here I am. My name is Shawanda Marie and I want to share my true love with you. I am the owner and creative mind behind New Orleans Creole Story Pot. Here, I infuse elements of theater performance, storytelling, visual art, education, cultural exploration, music and of course culinary art! I love to facilitate joy and see people smiling and happy. Nothing accomplishes that like good food."
  1. This week in Louisiana history. May 23, 1934. Law enforcement officers and posse members gun down outlaws Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow beside the Jamestown-Sailes Highway - about eight miles from Gibsland.
  2. This week in New Orleans history. Brennan's Restaurant on Royal Street was sold at an Orleans Parish sheriff’s sale on Thursday, May 23, 2013 for $6.85 million to its mortgage holder Leggo/4.
  3. This week in Louisiana.
    Memorial Day Ceremony
    May 25th, 2020
    6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
    Boulingy Plaza
    102 W. Main St.,
    New Iberia, LA 70560
    337-344-9397
    Website
  4. Postcards from Louisiana. Maude Caillot and the Afrodesiacs.
Listen on iTunes
Listen on Stitcher
Listen on Google Play.
Listen on Spotify.
Listen on TuneIn.
The Louisiana Anthology Home Page.
Like us on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think.
Thanks!