Friday, May 15, 2020

365. Shawanda Marie, Part 1

365. We talk to Shawanda Marie, who is a cooking storyteller. "I was born into a family of very creative and talented folks. Some are visual artists, others amazing cooks, educators and then there are the musicians. All artists in their own right. After years of self discovery, I learned that I lean into multiple expressions of creativity and enjoy them equally. I spent so much time wrangling over where I'd place my focus, but I couldn't decide. Actually I refused to decide because I desire to explore them all, bringing their flavors together like a really good pot of gumbo. So here I am. My name is Shawanda Marie and I want to share my true love with you. I am the owner and creative mind behind New Orleans Creole Story Pot. Here, I infuse elements of theater performance, storytelling, visual art, education, cultural exploration, music and of course culinary art! I love to facilitate joy and see people smiling and happy. Nothing accomplishes that like good food."
  1. This week in Louisiana history.  May 16, 1929. 15 senators signed a pledge to block the attempt to impeach Gov. Huey Long.
  2. This week in New Orleans history. May 16, 1932. In just 17 months, H. Long's new state capitol was completed, dedicated, and opened during the inauguration of Gov. O.K. Allen.
  3. This week in Louisiana.
    Mudbug Madness Festival
    May 22nd, 2020 - May 24th, 2020
    Festival Plaza
    101 Crockett St.,
    Shreveport, LA 71101
    318-226-5641
    Website | Email
    Mudbug Madness Festival is a three day festival celebrating Louisiana crawfish and cuisine, along with great entertainment on three stages at Festival Plaza in downtown Shreveport. Mudbug Madness is nationally recognized as one of the Southeast Tourism Society's Top 20 Events, drawing more than 50,000 people a day. The festival created renewed interest in Louisiana's rich cultural heritage of good food, Cajun music and entertainment.
  4. Postcards from Louisiana. Les Getrex, The Creole Cooking Band.
Listen on iTunes
Listen on Stitcher
Listen on Google Play.
Listen on Spotify.
Listen on TuneIn.
The Louisiana Anthology Home Page.
Like us on Facebook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think.
Thanks!