Thursday, April 29, 2021

415. Marian Denise Moore

415. We talk to Marian Denise Moore about her book, Louisiana Midrash. Marian is a computer analyst as well as a poet.
"I love Judaism; I converted years ago and was pleasantly surprised when friends told me that they were not surprised at all. I don't pretend to be orthodox. I am too much of a feminist to sit at the back of the bus. I want to learn it all and I want to sit on the front row! That book shelf contains Kugel, Kirsch, L. Kushner. I belong to a couple of writing workshops and they both drive me crazy. But I keep plugging away. Some poetry published. One story. One novel finished that must be revised. A computer analyst by accident. I love physics, but Math doesn't like me. So I opted for computer programming. I'm still there after all of these years. One sister; one brother. And lots of patient friends."
  1. This week in Louisiana history. May 1, 1699. Ft. Maurepas was completed.
  2. This week in New Orleans history. Martial Law Under Union General Benjamin Butler
    With his May 1, 1862, proclamation, Union General Benjamin Butler officially announced the federal government's occupation of New Orleans and declared martial law in the city.
  3. This week in Louisiana.
    Louisiana Byways
    Break away from the highway and take a road trip down one of Louisiana's 19 scenic byways. From historic treasures and music festivals, to country kitchens and coastal wetlands teeming with wildlife, each drive offers you an authentic taste of Louisiana food, music, culture and natural beauty. Start planning your trip!
  4. Postcards from Louisiana. Adrian on violin and Roy on trombone in Jackson Square.
Listen on iTunes.Listen on Google Play.
Listen on Google Podcasts.
Listen on Spotify.
Listen on Stitcher.
Listen on TuneIn.
The Louisiana Anthology Home Page.
Like us on Facebook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think.
Thanks!