Tuesday, September 24, 2019

331a. Muriel Laws

331a. Our interview with Muriel Laws. Running for District 6, Livingston Parish Council. "I have put my determination into fixing roads, resolving drainage problems and restoring recycling services in our district by securing 500 signatures to support the initiative. Going door-to-door gave me the chance to speak with residents across their kitchen tables, learning about their priorities, their daily struggles and the improvements they wish to see in their communities. As a result of these efforts, I was able to speak before our Council several times, which provided me with the opportunity to broadcast these issues to a wider audience through various news outlets. The experience of working with, and learning from, my neighbors, family and friends sparked the idea to run for Parish Council in October 2019 to continue my goal to effect change on the local level."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what you think.
Thanks!