- This week in Louisiana history. February 29, 1904. A study reported that 50 automobiles were owned and operated in N.O.
- This week in New Orleans history. February 28, 1849
The Odd Fellows Rest Cemetary dedicated. The land for this cemetery was purchased by the Grand Lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, a benevolent society, in 1847. The property at 5055 Canal Street, adjoining St. Patrick Cemetery No. 2 at the intersection of Canal Street and Metairie Road (now City Park Avenue), was purchased for $700 and later enlarged by donations of land from benefactors and the Firemen’s Charitable Association. It is fortunate to be situated above the flood plane and has escaped several floods over its history. In 1849, the new cemetery was dedicated with a large ceremony and a grand procession which bore the cemeteries first 16 remains of former Odd Fellows members, relocated from other cemeteries.
- This week in Louisiana. 2015 Frisco Fest Spring Garden Show
Saturday & Sunday, March 7 & 8, 2015
Shop at over 100+ Crafter & Artist Booths
Open Car Show
“Prayers & Plantations” 25 & 40 Mile Bike Tour
Fun Run 5k & 1 Mile
Great Cajun & Creole Cuisine
Geno Delafose and the French Rockin’ Boogi Family Fun for the Kids!
Pony Rides - Petting Zoo -Rock Climbing
Space Walks - Euro Bungee
Listen in Stitcher.The Louisiana Anthology Home Page.
Like us on .